Looking to prepare for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test? The British Council offers free online IELTS practice tests that you can take to assess your language proficiency and improve your chances of success in the actual test.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to accessing the British Council’s free online IELTS practice tests:
- Visit the British Council’s IELTS website at https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/free-practice-tests.
- Click on the “Free IELTS practice tests” button.
- You will be directed to a new page where you can choose the type of IELTS test you wish to take: Academic or General Training.
- Choose the test type that applies to you.
- Select the appropriate test version and click on the “Start practice test” button.
- Sign up for a free account or log in with your existing British Council account.
- Follow the instructions to complete the practice test.
The British Council’s IELTS practice tests are designed to mimic the actual test format and are available in both computer-delivered and paper-based formats. They also provide detailed feedback on your performance and tips on how to improve your score.
So, if you want to prepare effectively for the IELTS test, take advantage of the British Council’s free online practice tests and improve your chances of success!