you know that citizens from about 164 countries and territories can visit Hong Kong visa-free, to stay for anywhere between 14 to 180 days? Find out whether you are eligible for this policy and how long you can stay in Hong Kong.
Meanwhile, you might also want to know that UAE residents can participate in Hong Kong’s 500,000 flight tickets giveaway in May 2023, and potentially visit the city with free tickets.
According to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong, these are the nationalities who can visit Hong Kong visa-free for 14 days, 30 days, 90 days, or 180 days.
If you are from one of these 35 countries or territories, and you meet the additional mentioned below, you can visit Hong Kong visa-free for 14 days:
1. Albania (holders of Albanian biometric passports only)
5. Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Burkina Faso
10. Equatorial Guinea
14. India (pre-arrival registration required)
19. Marshall Islands
26. North Macedonia
29. Russian Federation
30. Sao Tome and Principe
31. Serbia (holders of Serbian biometric passports only)
34. US trust territory of pacific islands (holders of US trust territory passports only)
35. Vatican CityHOW TO COMPLETE THE PRE-ARRIVAL REGISTRATIONYou can follow these steps to complete the registration:
– Access the form via this link: https://webapp.es2.immd.gov.hk/applies2-client/i-par-reg/en-US/disclaimer?svcId=753&applicationId=753&ticketId=753-d2a9fee0-d5ef-4ce7-91b1-59ff617a677c.
– Fill in all information correctly as per your passport.
– Afterwards, the registration result will be shown to you instantly.
– If your registration is successful, you must print the ‘notification slip for pre-arrival registration for Indian nationals’ (the notification slip) on a A4 size paper.
– If your registration is unsuccessful, you will need to apply for an entry visa to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong.
– Sign the notification slip.
The printed and signed notification slip should be used in conjunction with your passport when traveling to Hong Kong. The validity of the registration is six months. During this time, you can visit Hong Kong multiple times visa-free.A LIST OF INDIAN CITIZENS WHO ARE EXEMPTED FOR PRE-ARRIVAL REGISTRATION- Holders of a valid Indian diplomatic or official passport.
– Holders of United Nations Laissez Passer, who are visiting Hong Kong or transiting via Hong Kong for official United Nations events.
– Those who have successfully enrolled for e-channel service for frequent visitors.
You can access detailed information on the service via this link, by selecting ‘e-channel service for frequent visitors’ in the drop-down menu on top of the page: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/echannel_visitors.html#fv.
– Those who are transiting via Hong Kong to a third destination without exiting the airport transit area.
– Holders of a valid travel pass for Hong Kong.
– Those who have obtained a valid entry visa for Hong Kong.
If you are from one of these 26 countries or territories, you can visit Hong Kong visa-free for 30 days:
5. Cape Verde
6. Costa Rica
7. Dominican Republic
8. El Salvador
21. Saudi Arabia
22. South Africa
26. United Arab Emirates
If you are from one of these 102 countries or territories, and you meet the additional requirements given below, you can visit Hong Kong visa-free for 90 days:
3. Antigua & Barbuda
14. Britain (British overseas territories citizens, British overseas citizens, British subjects and British protected persons)
15. British Antarctic Territory
16. British Indian Ocean Territory
17. British Virgin Islands
18. Brunei Darussalam
21. Cayman Islands
26. Czech Republic
33. Falkland Islands and dependencies
34. Faroe Islands
69. New Zealand
71. Papua New Guinea
72. Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Island
76. San Marino
79. Slovak Republic
82. St. Helena
83. St. Helena dependencies (Ascension, Tristan da Cunha)
84. St. Kitts and Nevis
85. St. Lucia
86. St. Vincent and the Grenadines
90. South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
91. The sovereign base areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia
93. Trinidad and Tobago
95. Turks and Caicos Islands
98. United States of America (except for diplomatic passports)
If you are a British citizen from the United Kingdom, you can visit Hong Kong visa-free for 180 days.
Visa-free transit for overseas Chinese citizens
If you are a Chinese passport holder living in the UAE, you can get a seven-day visa-free transit in Hong Kong under these two conditions:
You are transiting via Hong Kong to a third country or region, other than your departing country. Documents you need to provide in this case:
– Valid passport.
– If you are transiting to a third country or region other than mainland China or Macau, you should provide onward ticket to the country or region from Hong Kong, dated within your seven-day stay.
– If you are transiting to mainland China or Macau, you don’t need to provide your onward tickets.
You are transiting via Hong Kong from mainland China to a third country or region, including the UAE. Documents you should offer in this case:
– Valid passport
– Onward tickets to this country or region from Hong Kong, dated within your seven-day stay
– Valid visa or resident permit for the third country or region.
According to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong, 7-day visa-free visit is also available for certain countries. You can check your eligibility by contacting them via these channels:
• 24-hour general enquiry hotline: +852 2824 6111
• General enquiry email address: email@example.com
They also advised that you should consult them on your visa-free status before you travel there, as the information on visa requirements for visitors may be subject to changes.